Pages

Wednesday 11 November 2015

OBIEE 12c Architecture vs 11g

Quite a lot has happened architecturally under the covers with the release of OBIEE 12c.

OBIEE 12c Architecture diagram


OBIEE 11g Architecture Diagram


There is one major difference...... OPMN is gone in OBIEE 12c.

OBIEE components are now started via a series of commands run from {DOMAIN_HOME}/bitools/bin

  • start
  • stop 
  • status
and it is also possible to run the 'commands' to stop and start the components in (the new look) FMW Enterprise Manager.




1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have OBIEE set up/functionality question and hope you can help me.
    Issue: I create custom column with formula (let's say case when "database function1"=1 and "database function2"=2.... ). Let's say I name it "Custom function"."Function1".
    Then I want to create another custom column with my previous function nested (case when Function1 value=something...).
    In 10g I would get (case when "Custom function"."Function1"=something...). When I try to do the same in 11g I get (case when (case when "database function1"=1 and "database function2"=2)) - when I try to nest my Function1 instead of custom header reference whole function is pasted in new formula.
    So.... question is - is OBIEE set up incorrectly in some way or in 11g it's supposed to work like that and I need some workaround (pasting is not really working for formulas that are 1 page long)?

    ReplyDelete